- Anatheism: Returning to God After God by Richard Kearney
- The Irony of American History by Reinhold Niebuhr
- Spinoza's Ethics, Parts I and II
- Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant
- The Philosophical Canon (for ambitious folks)
- Irony (with suggested readings)
- The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley on Sept. 13th
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley on Sept. 20th
- “Identity and Hegemony” by Ernesto Laclau, TBD in September
You can also start your own group by watching Michael Sandel's Harvard Series on Justice, or getting a poetry collection, or playing a "Metal Gear" game to discuss War, History, and Existence—just some food for thought. Use this thread to brainstorm group ideas if you're not ready to actually propose something.
Citizens interested in joining The Partially Examined Life's "Not School" can find what's happening now in the Citizen's Forum. If you are considering Becoming a Citizen, it's easy, affordable, and fun.
If you're interested in Not School just contact me, that's email@example.com.