PMP#113: The Matrix R
In light of the release of The Matrix Resurrections, we talk through the franchise as a whole. What made the first one remarkable, and does that a bar that any sequel can reach? We talk through the choices that fed into the new film, why people don't seem to care about their matrix families, the endless fight scenes, and more. Who will choose the blue pill?
Some articles we considered included:
- "'The Matrix Resurrections' Is a Crucial Keanu Reeves Movie" by Alex Pappademas
- "The Subversive Playfulness of the ‘The Matrix’" by Brian Phillips
- "Zion Is Inside The Matrix: How Resurrections Honors Warped Fan Theory" by Craig Elvy
- "The Matrix And Gender Identity: The Trans Narrative Behind The Wachowskis’ Sci-Fi Classic" by Sarah El-Mahmoud
- "The Matrix 4’s Video Game Reboot Scene Reveals the Original Films' True Meaning" by Theo Kogod
- "Why The Matrix Never Stopped Being Relevant" by Emily VanDerWerff
The supporter version of this episode includes our bonus aftershow featuring all of our guests. Get it at patreon.com/prettymuchpop, or now you can sign up directly via Apple Podcasts for a subscription for ad-free and bonus material for three of Mark's podcasts together on the Mark Lintertainment Podcasts Channel.