In light of the recent release of Matt Reeves' film The Batman, we consider the strange alternation of darkness and camp that is Batman. Is he even a super hero? What's with his rogues' gallery? What's with DC's anti-world-building?
Your host Mark Linsenmayer is joined by philosophy prof/NY Times entertainment writer Lawrence Ware, improv comedian/educator Anthony LeBlanc, and Marketing Over Coffee host John J. Wall, all of whom are deeply immersed in the comics, and we touch on other recent shows in the Batman universe.
Some relevant articles include:
- "Batman Actors Ranked from Worst to Best" from Den of Geek
- "All the Batman Movies, Ranked" by Eliana Docterman
- "The Best Order to Watch All the Batman Movies" in by Austen Goslin
- "The Top 27 Best Batman Comics and Graphic Novels" from IGN
- "5 Things 'The Batman' Got Right And 3 Things It Got Wrong" by Haley Petersen
Get bonus material for most episodes at patreon.com/prettymuchpop, or now you can sign up directly via Apple Podcasts for a subscription for ad-free and bonus material for three of Mark's podcasts together on the Mark Lintertainment Podcasts Channel.
Sponsor: Lower your monthly credit payments at upstart.com/PRETTY.