Sections covered in this part of the discussion include:
- 40, is a short, puzzling section about the “movement” of the Dao.
- 42, which is also cosmological, concerning the yin and yang and how the Dao is prior to experienced things.
- 61, which uses the metaphor of sexual difference to talk about the relations of small and large states.
- 80, which recommends keeping your state small.
- 47, which is the source for the Beatles song, “The Inner Light.”
- 41, which defensively dismisses students who shun Daoism.