Citizenship Has Its Benefits
Get All Paywalled Episodes, Early and Ad-Free
All regular and paywalled episodes in a single feed. That includes:
- Access to Part 2 of each episode (starting in September 2020, these will go behind the paywall).
- Access to to 68 ad-free back catalogue episodes (16-84) currently available only to members.
- For new episodes, you'll get ad-free versions with Parts 1 and 2 combined, with Part 2 available a week before its public release date.
- To access the show, you'll get an exclusive RSS feed that you can use to get all bonus, Nightcap, and ad-free regular episodes via your podcast app of choice.
Listen to Our After-Show, Nightcap
Listen to the guys respond to listener email and chat more causally about their lives, the making of the show, current events, and anything else that happens to come up. Episodes include behind-the-scenes discussions of what we might be reading for future episodes, giving you the chance to weigh in on the options.
Join A Community of Learners, and Interact with Your Hosts
Join a Facebook-style online community where you can befriend fellow listeners, engage in forums, and participate in live discussions via Google Hangouts.
To improve this community, we're currently working on subscriber access to a PEL Discord server. Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels (text and voice) that allow members to chat, share, and collaborate. If this is an immediate must-have, please subscribe via Patreon.
Enjoy Bonus Content
Get access to guided readings, episode guides, transcripts (for some podcasts), PEL music, and other citizen-exclusive material.
More Benefits for Higher Tier Subscriptions on Patreon
For more benefits, subscribe at a higher tier via Patreon:
$10 a Month
- Everything in the $5 tier.
- When there are at least 10 subscribers in this tier: Exclusive monthly live one-hour Q&A with one or more of the guys via Zoom.
- Access to previously recorded Q&As (recorded via zoom, unedited).
- Discounts on live events.
$20 a Month
- Everything in the lower tiers.
- Priority attendance/seating and discounts for live events (whether via Zoom or in person).
- Priority consideration for feedback and episode requests.
- When available: access to the notes we take in preparation for episodes.
- An on-air thank you (message us to opt-in, and let us know if you'd like us to use just your first name or both first and last names).
$50 a Month
- Everything included in lower tiers.
- A personalized thank-you email.
- Free admission and a backstage pass to all PEL live events.
- Priority attention to any messages you send to PEL.
- Mark will write you a personal philosophy: https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/2010/12/10/special-offer-your-own-personal-philosophy-for-20/
Other Ways to Support PEL
Donate: If you prefer, you can support us by making a donation
Make a Purchase on Amazon.com: Use this link when shopping at Amazon.com, and a percentage of your purchase price will be donated to us at no cost to you.
Visit Our Store Visit our store: you’ll find T-Shirts, mugs, audio content, and much more.