Make the PEL fan in your life feel special by commissioning a goofy, personalized philosophy write-up on the PEL blog.
This offer has returned for a limited time: You provide some information about that special someone (or yourself!), and PEL host Mark Linsenmayer dashes off some weird stuff (at least 200 words) inspired by what you've providedg. This write-up will be informed by philosophy but will not be actual philosophy except in the sense that every pretentious jerk out there pretends to have a "philosophy." Perhaps this person likes bowling: Did you know that the secret to a strike is the ontological claim that all pins are one? Perhaps the person likes Ayn Rand, i.e. has serious emotional problems that should be made fun of. Perhaps you've got a Secret Santa obligation to fulfill, or a celebrity whose attention you want to attract, or someone who has a bad haircut and you just don't know how to tell them about it... A Personal Philosophy offers 1001 potential uses (no more and no less)!
Read a sample. Read another sample. Read the other 30+ ones of these Mark has written.
After you purchase this, immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- The name of the person to create this philosophy for
- How technical (i.e. more appropriate for people with philosophy knowledge, as your 8 year old might not appreciate Hegel-specific jokes) or cruel I'm allowed to be
- A link to an online photo of the person that I can embed into the post, or alternately just send me a .jpg, unless you don't want a photo involved, which is also fine, but then I might use some horrific thing I find online like this.
- Any other information about the person's hobbies, characteristics, that would be nice for me to work in.
- Any other specifications (e.g. "make it vaguely Eastern-sounding" or "make it sciency," or "make it Nietzsche-based"), which I'll try to incorporate.
- If you want this to appear on the PEL blog on a specific day/time, or would rather I just send it privately to you via email, let me know that.
Each personal philosophy will be at least 200 words, and will be issued within four days of my receiving your information.
There are no reviews yet.