I (Wes Alwan) will be leading online seminars/courses on philosophical topics (with some forays into psychoanalysis, literature, and film). My first seminar on Hume's "Of the Standard of Taste" is at 11am Eastern Time on April 28.
If you're interested in future seminars (there seems to be a lot of interest in me doing a course on Hegel), please let me know what times work best for you using this link: http://whenisgood.net/wgfmf8p
If you'd like to be updated as new seminars occur, you can join my mailing list here: wesalwan.com.
I'd also appreciate some feedback by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the following questions:
- What topics interest you? (In philosophy, psychoanalysis, literature, film--feel free to link to syllabi).
- What balance of lecturing and group discussion are you looking for? Are you hoping to mostly be silent while I give a lecture? Or would you rather minimal lecturing with almost all group discussion? Something in between? How active would you be in a group discussion?
- What's your ideal class length?
- What's your ideal class size?
- What's a fair per-class price?
- Can you commit to a 14 week course? Are you more interested in one-off seminars?
- Would you mind if I made audio recordings of classes and shared some of them online behind a paywall? Or would that dissuade you from attending/talking?