You should have tried adding our paid feed to an app using the instructions here: https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/add-the-citizen-feed-to-your-podcasts-app/
If you haven't had any success with the instructions above (or if you are an existing user who has lost access), you may have a problem with your credentials. To troubleshoot (assuming you've subscribed directly through our site -- otherwise see below):
- Make sure your username and password are correct by logging in to https://partiallyexaminedlife.com. If you can't log in, you'll need to use our lost password page to obtain access: https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/my-account/lost-password/
- Confirm that your membership is in good standing by making sure you have access to paywalled episodes here: https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/podcast-episodes-ad-free/.
- If you do not have access to the paywalled episodes section on this website, confirm that you have an active PayPal subscription to our site. Check your PayPal subscriptions here: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/. If you don't, please subscribe here: http://partiallyexaminedlife.com/membership-options/.
- If you are sure that you have an active PayPal subscription, confirm that you're not accidentally looking for paid content on our public feed. You should see a "Citizen Feed" on your app, and be trying to access paid content this way.
- If you've confirmed (2)-(4) but still can't make your credentials work with an app, try a) removing us from any podcast apps on your device (public or paid feeds); b) resetting your password on this site (https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/members/me/settings/); c) rebooting your device; d) following these instructions again, using your new credentials: https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/add-the-citizen-feed-to-your-podcasts-app/. Make sure that the feed you're adding (e.g. "https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/feed/citizen/") includes the final back slash (in this case, the "/" after "citizen").
- If all of these steps fail, please contact us at email@example.com, and let us know:
- What device and operating system you're using.
- What app you're using.
- What goes wrong when you try to add the paid feed to an app, and what you see when it goes wrong. Screenshots help.
- What troubleshooting steps above that you've tried, and the results.
Subscriptions through Patreon and Directly through Apple Podcasts
If you're a Patreon subscriber, follow these instructions: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041347732--How-to-use-your-custom-audio-RSS-link. If these don't work, conduct the troubleshooting steps above, but on the Patreon website.
If you're a paid subscriber directly via Apple Podcasts (which is different than using Apple Podcasts to access the Citizen Feed after subscribing via our website our Patreon): you'll unfortunately need to contact Apple customer service. For instructions on managing Apple subscriptions, see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204939.