Release dates for PEL episodes refer to the release of the first half of the conversation. If you're a PEL Citizen, you'll get the whole thing on that date; if not, you'll have to wait another week for the second half.
The Next PEL Episodes
Ep. 169: Alfred Hitchcock's film Vertigo, and articles analyzing it:
- Laura Mulvey: "Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema" (1975) from Film Theory and Criticism: Introductory Readings (Eds. Leo Braudy and Marshall Cohen, 1999).
- Robin Wood: "Vertigo" (1965) and "Male Desire, Male Anxiety" (1989) in Hitchcock's Flms Revisited (1989).
- Glen Gabbard: "Female Objectification, Male Desire, and "Object Loss" (1998) in Psychoanal. Inq., 18:161- 167.
- Garry Leonard: "A Fall from Grace: The Fragmentation of Masculine Subjectivity and the Impossibility of Femininity in Hitchcock's Vertigo" (1990) in Amer. Imago, 47:271-291.
- Susan White: "Allegory and Referentiality: Vertigo and Feminist Criticism" (1991) in MLN, Vol. 106, No. 5, 910-932.
- Emanuel Berman: "Hitchcock's Vertigo: The Collapse Of A Rescue Fantasy" (1997) in Int. J. Psycho-Anal., 78:975-988.
- Royal S. Brown: "Vertigo As Orphic Tragedy" (1986) in Literature/Film Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 1, 32-43.
- Sigmund Freud: "A Special Type of Choice of Object made by Men" (1910), "On the Universal Tendency to Debasement in the Sphere of Love," and "Instincts and their Vicissitudes" (1915) in The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud (1956-1974, ed. James Strachey).
Ep. 170: Guy Debord's The Society of the Spectacle
The Next Nakedly Examined Music Episodes (What is this?)
I'm only listing episodes here that have already been recorded.
- NEM #49 with Scott McCaughey, of the Young Fresh Fellows and The Minus 5
- NEM #50 with Anton Barbeau
- NEM #51 with Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash
- NEM #52 with Kim Rancourt
- NEM #53 with David Brookings
- NEM #54 with Kaki King
- NEM #55 with Don Preston, formerly the keyboardist of Zappa's Mothers of Invention
The next Phi Fic episodes (What is this?)