As a Citizen/Subscriber, you can get all paywalled and ad-free regular episodes a) on the web here; or b) in a single Citizen Feed using almost any podcasts app (including the Apple podcasts app, Overcast, Downcast, Podcast Addict, and Podcast Republic):
- In the Apple Podcasts app, click the "Library" button along the bottom and then click "Edit" in the top right. Choose "Add a podcast by URL." Enter https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/feed/citizen. A box should pop up saying "Sign-In Required." (If this doesn't work, please upgrade your Podcasts application) Enter your Citizen username and password, and hit "Sign In." After about 10 seconds, a box should appear saying "subscribed.
- In Overcast, tap on the "+" symbol in the upper right to open the add podcast screen, tap on "Add URL" at the top right. Then https://username:email@example.com/feed/citizen using your username and password.
- In Downcast, choose "Add" then "Add Podcast Manually," then enter https://partiallyexaminedlife.com/feed/citizen, along with your Citizen username and password, and hit "Subscribe."
- In Podcast Republic, when you add a podcast feed you'll see a button saying "Authenticate." Click that and select the HTTP option.
- You can Google other podcast apps with "add feed manually" or "add feed by url" to find instructions for adding the Citizen Feed to them.
Note that when you set up the Citizen Feed, you will be subscribed to a separate podcast than the one available to the public. So if you're already subscribed to the publicly available feed, you'll see two entries for The Partially Examined Life in your app. Be sure to choose the correct one, in order to get all bonus content.
Not a Citizen/Subscriber? Join here.
If you sync your device to your computer, you can get episodes as follows: Right-click (or shift-click) on the hyperlink to the audio file, and choose "save target as" (or whatever your browser's equivalent). In iTunes, choose "Add File to Library" (then use "Get Info" on the file to tell it to remember your playback position) and sync your device. You can also download it to Dropbox or the equivalent on your computer and listen to it on your mobile device.
Note that this Citizen feed won't include episodes from other podcasts in the PEL Network, including Subtext, Nakedly Examined Music (apart from some NEM bonus content), and Pretty Much Pop . Subscribe to these by searching on the podcast app of your choice.